Waiver of Inadmissibility

If you or a loved one has been deemed inadmissible, or you think you may be inadmissible to the United States, you may be eligible for the I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you are applying for an immigrant visa at a US consulate abroad or adjustment of status while in the United States, the I-601 Waiver can waive certain grounds of inadmissibility, such as misrepresentation, unlawful presence or a conviction of one offense of possession of marijuana less than 30 grams, among others.

In order to qualify for an I-601 waiver, you must demonstrate that you have a “qualifying relative”, who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, who would suffer an extreme hardship if you were to be denied entry or removed from the United States.

For more information on which grounds of inadmissibility can be waived as well as who qualifies as a “qualifying relative” under the law, please contact our office for a consultation about your case.